Thursday, February 2, 2006

Thur. Feb. 2, 2006

Well, I started the day off right by getting up at 7:30 this morning. I was trying to reach someone at Dr. Roberts' office about the appointment I had for today. I couldn't remember exactly what time my appointment was, but I knew it was early, 8:30 or so. And, since my Medicaid has run out, I knew they probably wouldn't see me anyway unless I could pay for it. I was right. When I finally got through to his office, the receptionist said that she had run my Medicaid and found out that it was lapsed, so she cancelled my appointment. She said she had been trying since Tuesday to reach me by phone and couldn't get through, too, but she wasn't trying very hard, because I never got a call, and the answering machine was on and working fine for every other call. It would cost me from $500 to $1000 for the first visit with them. Ha Ha, yeah, right. Whatever. Forget that, I guess. I did go to the optometrist in Walmart and get my eyes checked. $70 for the eye exam, including measurements for contacts. I can't hardly believe what they want for lenses for glasses anymore. They want $110 for single vision lenses, the thickest ones. The thinnest ones are $175. For the no line bifocals, which I now need, they start at $225 and go up to $275. I hope I get some of that insurance money soon. My eyes have really left these old glasses I am wearing. I got a trial pair of regular contacts to try, and they are ordering a trial pair of Toric lenses for astigmatism for me to try and compare to see which ones I can see better with. The regular contacts are $25 for a box of 6 of the same prescription, and the Torics are $37 for a box of six. I will have to have 2 boxes of either, because I need a different prescription for each eye. The Dr. said each pair will last for a month with daily use, but I will probably get a lot more use than that out of them, no more than I wear mine. But as much as the glasses are gonna cost me, I may have to go to contacts, they are sure a lot cheaper, now. I know I will if I don't get some of that insurance money to help pay for the glasses. Stay tuned.........It has rained all day long, just a steady continual rain. We desperately need it, that's for sure. We are about 10-12 inches behind for rain, it was really getting dry before last Saturday. We got about an inch then, and probably got about that today. I got Lisa and Donna gifts for their birthdays and got Lida a ceramic pot of silk flowers for hers, and a heart-shaped box of Whitman's chocolates for her and Doyle for Valentine's Day. I got Lisa a gold over sterling silver cz cross and a box of candy, and Donna got 2 pair of sterling silver hoop earrings and a box of candy. I got Jessica a Chicken Soup for the Mother's and Daughter's Soul book, might get her some candy or something to go with it, don't know, yet. I know I am sure tired and hurting after doing all my shopping today. I think the wet, cool weather may be making my arthritis worse than usual, too. It's almost 6:30 pm, I need to get off here and find something for supper. Jessica is going to stop at Walmart on the way home from work, she said she will be late, so I don't know when to try to have something done. I will find something, probably pork chops; we'll see................
Later, Diane

No comments: