Friday, February 17, 2006

Ready Or Not, Here It Comes........

Well, folks, the winter weather is on the way, the weather geeks say. The only problem is, nobody seems to have a handle on what is actually going to happen. According to where you get your information, it may be snow, sleet, freezing rain, or any combination of the three, with varying amounts of accumulation, and begin at any of several different times. Gives a whole new meaning to "vague", huh? Our Annual Women's Conference starts at 6:00 pm tonight at Calvary Baptist Church, Harrisburg. Catfish supper at 6 pm, then the actual conference to start at 7:00 pm. Our group from Providence is taking our church van, and we have already agreed, when anybody reports the first freezing raindrop, sleet pellet, or snowflake, as far as we are concerned, the meeting is adjourned. We have those hills to drive back through, and after some of us get back to the church and collect our personal vehicles, we still have to drive on home from the church. The way the forecast is shaping up, we may not get the Saturday morning session in at all. At least one forecast I heard is calling for 3 inches of snow tonight, beginning about 9 pm, and then another 3 inches of snow on Saturday, and an inch of some kind of wintry mix on Sunday. Sunday services are in jeopardy the way it's shaping up right now. Stay tuned for more updates as they become available........lol.

Lamar and I rode the Sr. Citizen's van today to Jonesboro. He took me to dinner at TaMolly's, a Mexican restaurant, for Valentine's Day. This was the soonest we could get things coordinated. It was good, and the chocolate spoon cake was especially good..........Eat your heart out, Cecil, ;). I know that you and Sue really like it. I couldn't eat it there, though, too full. I had them package me up a piece to go, had it after I got home with a cup of hot, strong coffee. Yum, yum!! I think if I really set my mind to it, I could probably make it. The ganache is the best part, and I'm pretty sure I could duplicate it or come pretty close to it. The cake itself I know I can make, it's pretty much a standard chocolate cake recipe, only really dense and moist. A project for another day........

Today is Jessica's last day at Trumann Animal Clinic. She is going to work in the Kroger Deli in Jonesboro, pending her drug test results. She will work varying hours, but they are supposed to work around her school and school activities. We'll see how that goes. I told her, they make all kinds of promises until they get you hired, then look out, all bets are off. More on this developing situation as events occur.........She and Chris are supposed to go out tonight, too, after she gets off work, about 7 or so, and I worry about them being on the roads. I have lectured already about coming on home if it starts any kind of frozen precipitation, and then he has to go on to Weiner, another 25 miles or so from here. My Mama radar is going nuts, here. What's it going to be like when she goes to college? I may become addicted to nerve pills, and I've never taken a nerve pill or tranquillizer in my life. Lord help us both, lol.

On another subject, Lamar is set to go to Ft. Worth the week of March 1st, so he will be gone on his birthday, March 5th. It's a nice birthday present for him, and he always enjoys seeing his brother, Mark, and his Dad, Wayne. His Dad's full name is John Wayne Jennings, and he actually has a brother named Waylon Jennings......yep, I'll bet you had no idea we were related to Waylon Jennings, lol. Not the deceased country singer, though, sorry. Not related to Peter Jennings, either, that I know of. We don't get any royalty checks from either of their estates, anyway.


Time is getting away, and I still have to dress for the Women's Conference. I will be dressing in my fur bloomers, I assure you. It is COLD out there, and supposed to be down in the 20's with winds 25-35 miles an hour. Brrrrrr....! Later...........

No comments: