Friday, February 19, 2010

Update On My Sister, Ducky

My dear friend BARB pointed out that I haven't posted an update on my sister Ducky (aka Martha) since my Sunday Dinner post.

I'm please to share that Ducky came home from the hospital this past Tuesday, Feb. 16th and is ever so slowly improving and feeling a little better day by day. With each day she's been able to eat a little more and growing a little stronger, but as we say around here, I don't think she's ready to whup a bear with a switch just yet, lol. ;o)

Besides the pneumonia that Ducky had, she also was extremely sick due to side effects from an arthritis medication that her rheumatologist prescribed for her recently diagnosed rheumatoid arthritis. She's been sick for 2 weeks with nausea and vomiting before the pneumonia set in and has lost 20 pounds. I don't think she recommends that particular weight loss program.

Ducky hasn't been able to go back to work yet and isn't sure when she'll be released by her doctor to work again. At the present time she's still too weak to even think about work, but I'm sure by the time her doctor releases her she'll be ready.
Thank you all for your words of support and your prayers for Ducky and please continue them as she's still not completely recovered, as I said.




On a somewhat related note, my sisters Donna/Zztop @ZZTOP'S LITTLE PIECE OF HEAVEN and Lisa/Cecil @ CECIL'S PLACE both have a birthday today. Neither of them blog much these days, but I linked to their blogs anyway.





Happy Birthday, Sisters! Love y'all like a hog loves slop! ;o)






Y'all have a great Friday and weekend!

11 comments:

Carole Burant said...

Glad to hear that Ducky is back home again, may she now concentrate on a full recovery!! Of course I'll keep her in my prayers:-)

Happy Birthday to Donna and Cecil, hope they both have a terrific day!!

I giggle every time you write one of your sayings...love them! xoxo

Gigi said...

So glad to hear that Ducky is home again and recuperating - praise Him!

My Mom has rheumatoid arthritis, so I know how debilitating it can be...I hope her doctor can find a medication regimen that provides relief without those horrible side effects. There are so many meds out there now (not so when my Mom was diagnosed - it was just 20 enteric coated aspirin a day then) that hopefully one or a combination of a few will be perfect for her.

I will keep her in my prayers.

Gigi said...

Oh - and Happy Birthday to Donna and Cecil!!!! Wishing them both a beautiful day filled with all of their favorite things!

violetlady said...

I have been a little behind in my blog visiting lately, so did not know about Ducky. I am so sorry she has been so ill. How awful. I hope she continues to feel better each day.

Jerri said...

It's good news to hear about your sister.....good news is always so refreshing.......

Jerri

Linda said...

I'm glad Ducky is getting better Diane. I'll be praying she makes a complete recovery.
Thanks for the update!

Jen said...

pleased your sis is feeling and getting better
I pray she is restored to full health soon

also a happy birthday to your sisters

Granny Annie said...

You have THREE sisters? Wow, I'm blessed with one and can't imagine how I would manage two more. Prayers and blessings to Ducky and Happy Birthdays to the others!

Mountain Mama said...

Thanks for the update. I am glad to hear that Ducky is better. I know of two other people in the hospital with pnemonia right now.

And Happy birthday to your sisters whom you 'Love like a hog loves slop'
LOL That is so funny. I never heard that before but I remember how much our hogs loved slop. LOL

MightyMom said...

glad she's doing better

Bev said...

Glad to hear she's improving and praying she continues to do so - sounds like she's had a rough time of it.