Thursday, October 23, 2008

Happy Birthday To Me!

Yes, I'm afraid it's true. Today, October 23rd, is my 45th birthday.

I want to thank everyone who has wished me a happy birthday by email, ecards and comments on MY MYSPACE PAGE and on MY FACEBOOK SITE.

I also want to thank my daughter, JESSICA and my dear friend CAROLE @ PEA'S CORNER for their birthday wishes for me, and for linking to my blog. Many of our mutual blogging buddies have left me birthday greetings because of JESSICA'S and PEA'S links from their blogs to mine.

Thanks also to all of my family that have given me cards and other gifts. I love you all more than I can express.

Please forgive me if I failed to acknowledge your email, ecard or other birthday greeting. I truly appreciated every birthday wish from all of you, dear family and friends. :-)

THANK YOU again for all your birthday wishes!

I appreciate them more than I can ever express.

Y'all are truly the BEST!!Some of you mentioned that I must be busy celebrating my birthday by partying, eating cake and ice cream and such as that.

Well.

Let me tell you how my day has gone so far.

I slept late and got up late. I came into the living room and read my email and checked my Bloglines and read and commented on some blogs. I answered emails and comments on my Facebook and MySpace, and chatted a bit with Jessica on Yahoo Messenger, then took a shower.

Lamar had tried to surprise me by taking me out for supper tonight, but his plans fell through at the last minute, so he ended up having one of our neighbors take him to our one and only local burger joint to get pork barbecue sandwiches (with slaw!) and vanilla soft serve ice cream for our supper tonight.

Hey, it was good and I didn't have to cook it. Works for me!

So that's been my day so far. And it's been good. I didn't expect a cake and all that jazz and I don't really need it anyway. My sugar has actually been bordering on low today so the ice cream I had should set just fine.Some lifelong friends of mine have an anniversary and she has a birthday all within this next week. Several years ago Lamar and I started a tradition of taking a day trip with them into the Ozark Mountains every year sometime during the last 2 weeks of October to celebrate our anniversaries and birthdays.

Oh, did I mention that Saturday, October 25th is my and Lamar's 23rd wedding anniversary?

We never really have a specific destination. We just enjoy getting out of the house and seeing the Fall foliage. I've heard that the colors are really vivid and pretty this year, and I'm looking forward to our day out with our friends.

We either eat in Jonesboro before we leave, as we're planning to do this time, or just stop where ever our fancy takes us whenever we all get hungry. I think this time we're going to eat catfish at a buffet in Jonesboro and leave from there.

I'm hoping for good weather so I can get hopefully get some good pictures of the Fall colors and scenery. There's a 10% chance of rain for Monday, but I'm gonna look on the positive side. That's a 90% chance that it won't rain, right?Speaking of weather, it's rained most of the day here and turned sharply colder. Have I mentioned how much I love Fall and Winter?

It's not quite 8:30 pm local time and it's 46F-7C. The highs for the next several days are supposed to be in the 50'sF and the lows are forecast to hit the lower 30's-0C by Sunday morning.

I dearly love these crisp Fall days and nights. Jessica and Jason took Emmy to Le Bonheur's Children's Hospital in Memphis, Tennessee on Tuesday to see a pediatric gastroenterologist. He didn't really tell them anything new during the office visit, but Emmy has some tests scheduled for November 5th.

Jessica explained it all HERE on her blog much better than I could, so if you haven't already read Jessica's post, you can get the update about Emmy HERE.I think that will do it for tonight. Maybe I'll get a new post done on Friday, but don't hold your breath. You might turn blue or even expire.

Y'all have a great Friday and weekend!

PS: If you've already wished me a happy birthday, feel free to skip commenting on this post.

For that matter, you should never feel obligated to comment on my posts. I dearly love hearing what you have to say though.... :-)

34 comments:

zztop357 said...

Happy Birthday Sister!!!!
I would call but I'm going to bed. I think, no I am getting sick. Too much work, not enough rest.
I hope you have fun on your trip. We went to Mt View last weekend for Luci's b-day.Not a lot of fall color yet.But they did have muskidines!!! They are just starting to fall.
Love you Sister, Donna

Brenda said...

Hi Diane,
I have a friendship award for you on my blog. Well, I will in a minute when I post it!
God bless,
Brenda :)

Carole Burant said...

Happy Birthday to one of the best friends I've made through blogging:-) It sounds like you've had a very lovely day...pork barbecue sandwiches and slaw...oh be still my heart, that's one of my favourite meals!! hehe

How wonderful that you, Lamar and your friends get together every year to celebrate your anniversaries and birthdays by taking a trip into the Ozark Mountains. Hopefully the weather will cooperate and you'll have tons of pictures to show us:-) Happy Anniversary to you & Lamar!! xoxo

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!! AND HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!!
It sounds like you had a very good day, glad you didn't have to cook...lol
Enjoy your trip and remember if it does rain the fall colors will just be a little more shiny to look at...lol

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY
AND
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY !!!!!!!!!

Diane

Jenn said...

Happy birthday!

And happy anniversary!!

Our Home Schooler and Jen said...

nice to sleep in :)
and always nice when you dont have to cook :)

happy and safe travels

and because I love u

HAPPY BIRTHDAY my dear friend
youre only 6 years older than me :)

Jen

Aunt Jenny said...

Happy Happy Birthday dear Diane!!
You have the same birthday as my husband...but he turned 51. 45 sounds pretty young now, right??
Have a wonderful weekend too.
You deserve it!!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Diane and thank you for your kind words of supportiveness over at my site for Gunner. God Bless You!

kkryno said...

Oh no! I think I lost my comment! Apologies if I am posting a comment on op of a comment. Oh well! One can never have too many happy wishes on her birthday; so on that note: Happy Birthday!!!(and Congratulations!)
I'll bet it doesn't seem like 23 years! I'm still older than you, though. 47: HA-HA! Wait, that not so good, that means I'll be 50 before you. HMMMM...

Have a beautiful day with friends and a wonderful week-end.

Lov, Vikki.

Anonymous said...

I would never skip the chance for another BD greetings to a friend like you and I wish you a wonderful end to your week too!

Love and Hugs,

Renny :-)

Jeanette said...

A very happy birthday And Congratulionds on your Anniversary Dianne,. Enjoy your trip and I hope the weather is kind to you..
Warm hugs {{{{{HUGS}}}}}}Jen

Donna. W said...

I'm glad you had a great birthday. Cliff and I are wanting to head to the Branson area for a weekend, but the weather doesn't look so good for that.

Merle said...

Dear Diane ~~ I am so glad you had a lovely birthday and I wish you and your husband a very happy Anniversary. I do hope little Emmy will be OK, Awful tests for a little girl, but luckily she will be asleep. Take care Diane, o need to reply to this as I know you are busy.
Love, Merle.

Girl Raised in the South said...

A day late, hope your birthday was wonderful start to finish. xoxo

the voice of melody said...

Happy belated birthday Diane! Glad you got to enjoy a tasty supper with your husband. Oh, and a happy anniversary to you both for tomorrow!

Many sweet blessings!

Lucy Stern said...

Diane, Happy Birthdy and Happy Anniversary! I hope you have a good trip in the mountains to see the fall colors....Fall is my favorite time of year, I feel so alive in the cool fall air. Take care and don't eat too much of that cake...lol. Love ya....

Sam said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DIANE!!!!!

It sounds like you had a very nice, relaxing birthday.

Here's to many, many more!

Love,
Sammy

Kelli said...

Happy Birthday, Diane!!! And Happy Anniversary!

I hope you had a great super wonderful day after all and enjoy time with your friends and hubby.!

Just so you know, my birthday is Sunday:) so we almost share the same birthday, too!

Dawn said...

As much as I love the beautiful colors in the mountains here in Colorado, I miss having the reds and oranges of other parts of the country. The North Carolina foliage was gorgeous - I'll be posting pix soon.

violetlady said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Diane. Pork barbeque and soft serve ice cream (we call it frozen custard where I'm from) sounds like a great dinner to me.

Staci said...

Happy Birthday! Happy Anniversary! Can't wait to see pictures of the fall foliage!

Mim said...

Diane,
Sorry this birthday wish is a day late. Happy birthday and your meal from your husband sounded just right!
Happy happy birthday.
Mim

someone else said...

I had computer issues Thursday and completely missed everything.

Happy Belated Birthday, Diane!! I hope you had a perfect day.

kansasrose said...

Happy Birthday Dearest Diane!!!! YOU rock out #45 girl!

Hope you have a blessed day and weekend with your family. You are one of the BESTest friends a gal could ever have in this sometime volatile blogging world. Have a wonderful, sweet anniversary too with your dear hubby Lamar. The Ozarks in fall are splendid! What a romantic, beautiful place to celebrate your wedding anniversaries. Perfect. God bless ya always hon, prayers and love poured on you and all your beautiful family too! {{{HUGS and LOVE}}}, Jen

Linda said...

HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ONE OF MY VERY FAVORITE BLOGGERS!! I don't have a My Space and I just managed to figure out Facebook. So I didn't get to wish you a Happy Birthday before now.
Happy Anniversary in advance. I hope the two of you have a lovely day.

Joe's sketch books said...

Happy Birthday - Many, many happy returns - good health along the way

Greeneyes said...

Happy Birthday Sister friend
Sent email !
love you very much wish you many many many more! and a Happy anniversary in advance
Love and Hugs and Sugar (Emmy)
P

Mary said...

Diane,

I wouldn't miss a chance to comment on your post. Your birthday is the same days as my grandfather's was. It's a lucky day.

I'm praying for Emmy and the entire family, my friend. It must be a worry for you. I remember when Brandon was going through a lot of tests. It worried me sick, but I put him in the Lord's hands.

Thank you for participating in the card shower and giveaway. I just sent you an email.

Blessings,
Mary

Nashe^ said...

Happy anniversary, too!

Anonymous said...

Belated happy birthday wishes! :o)

~*~ HaPpY AnNiVeRsArY! ~*~

Karen said...

Hi Diane,
This is the first time I've commented and just wanted to say "Happy Birthday!" We seem to frequent the same blogs -- passing each other in the comments section!, so thought it was time to stop and say hi. Best wishes for your new year ahead!

Karen

Our Home Schooler and Jen said...

Happy Birthday To you

by
billy

Dick said...

Happy Belated Birthday to you! You have twenty years on me, or me on you, depending on how one looks at aging. Don't worry, you'll catch up in 20 years. Of course if I am still around then I'll still be 20 years older.

I don't think I'll name the airplane. I got it Friday and it is now almost ready to fly but I want more time on the simulator. I like it in one piece & hope to keep it that way!

The cats are interested but almost seem to like the big box it came in more than the plane itself.