...I want to share with you today.
1.) BIGDADGIB is introducing CHRISTIAN BLOGGERS ONLINE, a new blogroll of Christian bloggers, strangely enough, and if you're a Christian blogger you're cordially invited to join. Read through THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS and if you decide that you'd like to join, SUBMIT YOUR INFORMATION HERE.
If you're one of the first 20 members you'll be a charter member. This is a brand new blogroll and GIB is expecting great things to happen with it. There will be monthly giveaways and contests on the site and best of all, it will be a great place to find Christian bloggers with family friendly content.
Click on the button or any of the bold links to check out the new CHRISTIAN BLOGGERS ONLINE BLOGROLL.2.) While visiting PEA@PEA'S CORNER yesterday I took note of the MOSAIC MEME that she did and thought it was neat, so I decided to do this one myself.
To do this one yourself, all do is:
. Type your answers to the following questions below into Flickr Search
. Using only the first page, pick an image
. Copy and paste each of the URLs for the images in this Mosaic Maker.
. Follow the instructions, and presto you have a synopsis of who you are!
. Click on the mosaic to see the snaps Up Close & Personal
. Leave me a comment if you participate so I can come see your mosaic!
1. What is your first name? Diane
2. What is your favorite food? Southern Fried Catfish
3. What high school did you go to? Trumann High School
4. What is your favorite color? Cobalt Blue
5. Who is your celebrity crush? John Wayne
6. Favorite drink? Coke Zero
7. Dream vacation? Newfoundland, Canada
8. Favorite dessert? Cheesecake
9. What do you want to be when you grow up? Happy
10. What do you love most in life? My Family & Friends
11. One word to describe you? Homebody
12. Your blog name? Diane's PlaceLooking across the first row of pictures, 1, 2, 3, then down to the second row, 4, 5, 6, and so on, the pictures correspond to my answers from the Flickr search.3.) I have a notifier from Bloglines in my task bar that's supposed to, um, notify me when I have new posts up in my Bloglines. For about a month now the dratted thing has been going ape on me. Even when I have my Bloglines open and know that I have a number of new posts up, the notifier smugly sits there with a blank look on it's face when it should have a big red asterisk displayed to let me know the new posts are there.
Also, several times in the last couple of months Bloglines has calmly informed me that I have something on the order of 3, 285 new posts to read, thereby nearly causing me to choke on my hot coffee and spew it across my keyboard.
Now I know some of you are much more prolific with your posts than I have been lately, but good gravy, Mabel, what's up with that, oh dear people who run Bloglines??
And while we're on the subject, at the same time it's showing umpteen new posts for some bloggers, it's not showing new posts at all for some of you. Instead it has an alarming giant red ! out beside the blog title.
For instance, right now BEV'S feed is not updating at all on Bloglines for me. Poor me, I'm having to check her blog the old fashioned way: by clicking over there a couple of times a day to see if she's put up a new post.
Amazingly, BEV has a post up about this right now! You can find HER POST HERE.
Now all these things have happened many times in the past and usually after a week or so everything seems to right itself, but this has been going on for over a month now.
And before anyone mentions it, I know that it's FREE and believe me, I do appreciate that, but still, it would be nice if the free service actually worked most of the time.
I've tried Google Reader and have an account there (that shows 663 unread posts: I just checked) but I like Bloglines better when it works as promised.
Bottom line I guess is this:
Oh, sweet Bloglines, I do love you, but I dearly wish you'd get on the stick and exterminate the bugs, already! If you don't show me some love and start speaking my love language of catering to ME, our romance may be over. And while Google Reader is second fiddle right now, I'm leaving my options open. Google Reader may be moving up in the band. Bloglines, show me the goods or I may be showing you the door, and Google Reader is waiting in the wings.
A (So Far) Unrequited LoverAnd now that I've ranted all over the place, I'll wish y'all a happy Thursday.
Thursday, July 17, 2008
...I want to share with you today.
at 5:22 AM