Sunday Dinner time again it seems. All my blog buddies of long standing know what the chef with the question mark on his tray represents: Diane ain't cookin' Sunday Dinner this week. I don't know where or what we'll eat, but I'm not cooking.
I had Emmy most of the day today so Jessica could have a rest and get some things done at home. We had Ken*tucky Fri*ed Chicken for supper and Lamar leaves for Dallas/Ft. Worth Sunday morning to go visit his brother for a week.
My sister CECIL is really sick with the 'flu, a virus or whatever the crud is that's making the rounds these days and probably won't be here for Sunday Dinner this week, which just leaves me and probably my sister Ducky that would be here for the noon meal. All of those things add up to "I ain't cookin".
Please remember CECIL in your prayers if you've a mind to. Thanks, y'all.
What are your plans for Sunday Dinner this week? Just share your plans/menu in the comments if you want to participate this week.MIGHTY MOM tagged me for this book meme:
The Book Meme
1) One book that changed your life: Other than the Bible, there's not really any particular book that I would say changed my life. But I will say, that all the books I've read over my lifetime so far have collectively changed me by all I've learned from them. I'm a high school graduate, honor student, in the top 15% of my class, with no further formal education. But I would say that I've educated myself by reading, voraciously.
2) One book that you have read more than once: All the first 20 books of the "Boxcar Children" series by Gertrude Chandler Warner.
3) One book you would want on a desert island: My King James Bible.
4) One book that made you laugh: Sorry, I'm just really drawing a complete blank here.
5) One book that made you cry: "Old Yeller".
6) One book you wish you'd written: I don't know....what's the highest grossing book of all time? Oh, I think that may be the Bible. Maybe the "Harry Potter" series?
7) One book you wish had never been written: No idea here....
8) One book you're reading: Nothing at the present time. I tend to read really, really fast and don't usually take long to read a book, even a long book. I have a thing about finishing a book as quickly as I can. I don't like loose ends on much of anything, especially books.
9) One book you're going to read: The next 2 books in The Inheritance Cycle by Christopher Paolini. I loved "Eragon" and "Eldest", now "Brisingr" is the next in the series and I can't wait for it to be published. This series was supposed to be a trilogy but now is set to be a 4 book series. MARY@MARY'S WRITING NOOK tagged me for another meme. This meme was created by Jan at Bold and Free. I'm s'posed to list 15 things that make it great to be me, so here goes.
1. So far I've awoken every day of my life. That surely counts as a great thing, don't you think?
2. I'm blessed with a wonderful family who loves me, and I love them.
3. My hubby and I are going on 23 years of marriage. All to each other!
4. I have a beautiful daughter, handsome son in love and a gorgeous granddaughter.
5. I have a loving and welcoming church home and church family.
6. Jesus saves! And He saved me 35 years ago.
7. Most of my needs and wants are met every day, as needed.
8. I have an affordable, comfortable place to live.
9. I am blessed with good friends who love me, and I love them.
10. I'm blessed to have discovered blogging almost 2 years ago.
11. I'm blessed by all the dear friends I've made here in Bloggityville.
12. Every day I can get out of bed and get around by my own efforts is a good day.
13. I had a good raisin' by my beloved parents.
14. I've been able to travel a bit here in the States and have enjoyed it immensely.
15. I am blessed beyond anything I deserve.JO@BITS AND PIECES tagged me for this linking meme. This is what the originator of the meme says about it:
The benefits of Viral Linking:- One of the fastest ways to see your technorati authority explode!- Increase your Google PageRank fast- Attract large volume of new traffic to your site- Build your community- Make new friends!
Add your blog url at the end of the list...
The Strategist Notebook/Link Addiction/Ardour of the Heart/ When Life Becomes a Book/The Malaysian Life/ Yogatta.com/What goes under the sun/ Roshidan’s Cyber Station/Sasha says/Arts of Physics/And the legend lives/My View, My Life/ A Simple Life/What Women REALLY Think/Not Much More Than This/Jayedee/Jenn/Beth/ Christie/Marla/Cailin/Simone/FlipFlopMom/Katrina/Gill's Jottings/Work of the Poet/ Wakela/Modern Day Goddess/Livin With Me/Are We There Yet??/The Erstwhile Librarian /Lynne's Little Corner of the World/Violetlady At Home/Bits And Pieces/Diane's Place/ You are next...
Hmm.....who to tag, who to tag......
My thanks to MIGHTY MOM for awarding me the Daily Dose Award. It's posted proudly on MY AWARDS PAGE.
I haven't forgotten that I still have some questions to answer and I will get to them, I promise. I wanted to go ahead and get these memes done before they completely slipped my mind. I realize that I didn't tag anybody for the book meme or the 15 Reasons It's Great To Be Me meme and I'm not going to tag anyone. If you want to do any of these, feel free. Just let me know if you do them so I can visit and read your answers.
I also have a few Emmy pictures to post next time for those of you who've been having withdrawals and are needing your Emmy fix (GREENEYES! for one, LOL! ;o)Y'all have a blessed Sunday. May God meet all your needs and may you have enough to share.