Friday, November 24, 2006

This & That

First of all, congratulations to BooMama! Not only is it her one year blogiversary, but she has a new blog design by Swank Web Style and her own domain. Heather designed her a sassy new template for sure. If you subscribe to her blog with Bloglines, be sure to update your subscription so you won't miss any of her posts at her new address on the web. Drop by and take a look around and leave her a comment to congratulate her on her one year of blogging and her new template if you're so inclined. I know she'll appreciate it.I took a few more pics of Jessica's tummy a few days ago, and I thought I'd post one as I said I would every few weeks throughout her pregnancy. Don't you just love that look on her face? I can definitely tell she's getting fluffier. Bless her heart, she's still having quite a bit of nausea, but it's not constant like it was for the first 2 months. It's rare for her to go a whole day without hurling at least once, and sometimes several times a day. Hopefully as she gets further along the nausea will diminish. We're really hoping so, anyway. Other than the nausea and vomiting, everything seems to be going well, thank the Lord.I'm sitting here snacking on some turkey pastrami left over from giant hoagies we had for supper Wednesday night, raw celery sticks and pumpkin pie. The day after Thanksgiving, you say? Why, Yes - Yes it is. I did make up a couple of huge plates of food and Jessica & Jason took them to some of my elderly neighbors who were alone for Thanksgiving, plus I sent some leftovers home with my sister, Ducky, but there was still some food left. I have dressing and celery sticks in the fridge and pumpkin pie left, among other things. Hence my odd choice of late-night snacks.I'll be back later this evening for my Sunday Dinner post, Lord willing. As of right now I have no idea what will be on the menu. Tonight we had Barb's Breakfast Burritos, and they were absolutely wonderful! I made my own homemade flour tortillas because I didn't have any store bought tortillas, and I had some worries about how they would turn out, but they were great. Thanks for sharing the recipe, Barb. :-)And now I'm getting very sleepy for some reason. It might be because it's after 1 am. You reckon? I'll be trying to get around and visit with you soon, my friends. Hope all is well with you and yours. Blessings on you all.

8 comments:

Carole Burant said...

Pass me some of them leftovers please:-) Good morning Ms. Diane!! I didn't have a chance to visit my friends yesterday so I'm doing so this morning:-) Love the picture of Jessica...when I was pregnant with my boys, I had the "morning" sickness 24 hours a day for the whole time I was pregnant...ugh! Hopefully it won't be like that for her! I had also copied Barb's recipe for Breakfast Burritos and plan on making them next weekend when my son Shawn and his fiancee Wendy come over:-) Have a wonderful weekend my friend! xoxox

Girl Raised in the South said...

When I was a teenager we had neighbors from Mexico and they taught us to make flour tortillas. I was surprised how easy it was. xoxo

boomama said...

I'm still shaking my head that you made flour tortillas FROM SCRATCH.

And thanks for all the link love. One good thing about WordPress is that it tells me who has linked to me recently - and I like that a bunch b/c it means that I can extend a proper thank you.

So thank you. :-) The worst part about switching the blog is the Bloglines / Blogtopsites stuff - it has me officially frustrated. But then I look at all the moving boxes in my living room, and it's a nice dose of perspective...we've got bigger fish to fry at the moment.

Have a great weekend!

Susie said...

It's hard to beat the taste of homemade tortillas! Jessica looks like she's blooming! Hope the queasy tummy and all that passes soon.
Blogger, bloglines and I are barely speaking these days...

Ms. Kathleen said...

Awww, memories. I took pictures of my daughter when she was pregnant too. It sounds like they have a lot in common. Tara was "sick" thoughout hers but what a joy my granddaughter is!

God Bless!

Linda said...

I always enjoy chatting with you Diane. Jessica is too cute. I hope she gets over the nausea very soon now.
You are just an inspirational cook!! I, on the other hand, am such a lazy cook. I always think that if someone ever gave me a fortune, the first thing I would do would be to hire a chef:) How's that for lazy?

Anonymous said...

Hope Jessica gets over it soon its not fun those 1st 3 months or so
Youre makin me hungry Diane LOL

Barb said...

Ha! Just wanted to let you know blogger decided to let me see this photo! My goodness, she's already getting big. Yes, I love the expression on her face. :-)