Thursday, April 24, 2008

BiteBack
My friend BOOMAMA is promoting a very worthy cause. You can go HERE to her blog to find out more about it.

This Friday, April 25, is World Malaria Day. And through the Bite Back campaign, people can give a one-time donation of $10 and provide a mosquito net for a child - or a family, if they’re all sleeping in the same place - who otherwise would have no protection from this completely preventable disease. That $10 will also provide education and treatment for people who are already sick with malaria.

Thanks for reading, and if you'd like to help spread the word or help by contributing, please go to BooMama's blog for more details and to get the button codes for your blog.

7 comments:

Midlife Mom said...

Hi Diane! Just hopped over from Donna's to say hello! This is the most wonderful fund raiser and I will be heading over to Boo Mama's after I write this and join in. Have been reading down through some of your posts and really enjoying them. Come on over anytime and say howdy! :o)

Carole Burant said...

Thanks for the heads up about this Diane:-) Hope you're having a wonderful day so far...I've just come back from walking to get the mail and it's just gorgeous out there!! xox

Anonymous said...

I've been reading BooMama...now is BigMama her sister??

Thanks for the heads up!♥

Dawn said...

So - how did I get so far behind? You've been a busy blogger this week!

Emmy walking already! My how time does fly. It won't be long and I'll be chasing those little twins instead of carrying them around (sounds good to me!)

Rachel said...

It's funny to read this, when just last night I was reading my Western Recorder and there was an article about malaria and how $10 will buy one net that has been treated with insecticide. A very worthy cause for sure!

Anonymous said...

Just here to wish you a great end to your week dear blog friend!

Love and hugs from Diane and Renny:-)

Amanda said...

Let us know how your vegetable creation turned out!